Peepal Travel & Tours able to offer you unbeatable prices and unparalleled value. Once you have found the discounted Canada tour of your choice, please call our tour consultants to book your vacation and save money with our first-rate personalized service!
Culture and customs
Anyone who has been to Canada will know that the Canadian stereotype is actually quite accurate. Well known for being welcoming, friendly, funny, hockey-mad, adventure-loving, sports enthusiasts, Canadians generally do a good job of living up to their reputation.Large cities like Vancouver are a cultural melting pot of nationalities, and attitudes towards different ways of life are generally quite liberal. This can be seen in the variety of cuisines, shops and people that populate the city.
Things to try in Canada
- Poutine:French fries topped with a gloriously messy mix of gravy and cheese curds may not be for everyone, but Poutine is a true Canadian classic… and the perfect hangover cure!
- Seafood:If visiting the West Coast, Vancouver is known for having one of the best restaurant scenes in the world, and seafood is almost always on the menu. Feast on a fresh seafood banquet, try some inventive fusion-cuisine or grab some sushi for a quick bite.
- Boutique Beer:Over the last few years, microbreweries have been popping up all over Canada. Whether you visit a microbrewery that brews chocolate-flavoured beer or eat at a restaurant that has a local beer menu, a Canadian boutique beer is worth trying.
- Maple Syrup:It comes as no surprise that maple syrup is popular in Canada! So be sure to dose up your pancakes with loads of the stuff… and include a side of bacon too, as the locals do.
Geography and environment
Canada is BIG! This is clear when looking at a map but even more obvious when travelling in Canada (after driving all day you could still be in the same province). With such a large land mass, it comes as no surprise that the environment varies widely depending on which area of Canada you are travelling in.
Outdoors Experiences in Canada
- River Rafting:The Kicking Horse River is an amazing channel of churning white water. For a dose of adventure, try whitewater rafting on this formidable force of nature.
- Sensational ‘Snowscapades’:Make the most of Canada’s abundance of snow by getting out there and having fun in it! Channel your inner child and make snow angels or have a snowball fight with friends.
- Majestic Mountains:The Rocky Mountains of Canada are well-known for a reason – their imposing beauty is unforgettable. Take in the epic landscapes while hiking and don’t forget to have a camera handy to capture the best panoramas.
- Cycle Adventures:Hop on a bike for some two-wheeled fun and pedal through stunning scenery in Whistler. Tear it up by racing a friend or go slow and take in the amazing views.
- Stanley Park Perfection:A walk around Vancouver’s Stanley Park will see you taking in gorgeous scenery, interesting sculptures, historic totem poles and beautiful birdlife. Stanley Park provides a slice of nature close to the city.
- Enchanted Camping:Nothing beats getting away from it all to camp among the quiet stillness and natural splendour of the pristine Canadian wilderness.
- Animal Encounters:Keep watch for deer, moose, caribou, bald eagles and timber wolves while hiking through the wilds of Jasper National Park in Alberta.
- Giant Glaciers:Be astounded by the immense size and cool beauty of Canada’s gigantic glaciers. Perhaps take a thrilling ride on an ice mobile to experience it all up close.
- Hit the Hot Springs:Take a refreshing soak in the Yukon Territories Hot Springs. Immerse yourself in the soothing waters of this outdoor haven and feel your aches and pains melt away.