Upper Mustang is also known as “the land of lost Tibetan kingdom”, where languages, traditions and cultures remain alike as Tibetan people. Life in Mustang revolves around tourism, animal husbandry and trade. Mustang is considering one of the most interesting, adventure, memorable and excitement trek in Nepal to the visitors. One of the most important festivals in Upper Mustang Trekking is Tiji Festival. In this festival monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits and all people of Mustang are involved there. The trek to Lo-Mustang is through high attitude desert climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of Kaligandaki River.
Day 01: After your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will transfer you to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel
Day 02: Full Day Kathmandu sightseeing Tour: You will visit many Buddhist and Hindu temples which reflect the local culture and tradition of Nepalese society including the World Heritage sites such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhu Stupa (Monkey Temple), Bouddhanath, Pathupatinath Temple and Patan Darbar Square. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara (30 minutes flight or 6 hours’ drive as your prefer)
Day 04: Pokhara to Jomsom (18 minutes flight) and trek to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day 05: Kagbeni to Chele (3100m)
Day 06: Chele to Geling (3570m)
Day 07: Geling to Charang (3560m)
Day 08: Charang to Lo Manthang (3840m)
Day 09: In Lo Mathang
Day 10: Trip around Lo Manthang
Day 11: Lo Manthang to Drakmar (3820m)
Day 12: Drakmar to Shyangmochen
Day 13: Shyangmochen to Chhuksang
Day 14: Trek back to Kagbeni
Day 15: Trek back to Jomsom.
Day 16: Flight back to Pokhara.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu or Fly.
Day 18: Departure to your own Destination
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
|Upper Mustang Trek(18 Days)|
|Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 4320m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month :February-May &October-November|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|