Jomsom Muktinath trek is the most popular trekking in Nepal. The physical beauty along the Jomsom - Muktinath trek is breathtaking view of rural area. Jomsom Muktinath trek passing through the forests of red rhododendron to rocky cliff and Dhaulagiri Ranges, rice paddy, amazing landscape etc. Trekkers are able to see the assume sunrise view from Poon hill .Jomsom and Muktinath is famous pilgrimage site for Buddhists and Hindus. For Hindus Muktinath is a holy place of salvation they believe that to wash in the waters here guarantee salvation. The God Brahma is said to have lit the eternal flames that still burns at Muktinath. For Buddhists it is a place where the great sage guru Rinpoche came to meditate. The lower part of the trek is inhabited by Gurungs and Magars .The Thakalis are found further on around Jomsom along with the Lopa who have Tibetan roots who live around Muktinath and upper Mustang. Their customs and attire are all quite unique and this trek is ideal for observing the diversity among the people and their customs. If you like to be in Muktinath in early September you are likely to be in time for one of Nepal’s unique festivals the annual horse race named as Yartung . From Muktinath trekking trekkers can get beautiful views of mountains like Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Annapurna I and ll, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Dhaulagiri etc.
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m), drive
Day 02: Pokhara Jomsom Flight (25 mins.), Trek to Kagbeni (2,810m)
Day 03: Trek Kagbeni to Muktinath (3,802m)
Day 04: Trek Muktinath to Marpha (2670 m.)
Day 05: Trek Marpha to Kalopani (2530 m.)
Day 06: Trek Kalopani to Tatopani (1190 m.)
Day 07: Trek Tatopani to Sikha
Day 08: Trek Sikha to Ghorepani
Day 09: Trek Ghorepani to Tadapani (2590 m.)
Day 10: Trek Tadapani to Ghandruk (2012m.)
Day 11: Trek Ghandruk to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
Day 12: Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
|Jomsom-Muktinath Trek(12 Days)|
|Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 3802m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : March - May and Sept - Nov|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|
|You may also like..|
|Annapurna Easy Trek
|Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|Annapurna Circuit Trek
| Ghandruk Trek
| Sikles Trek
|Annapurna Dhampus Trek
| Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek
| Aus Camp-Ghale Gaon Trek
| Jomsom Muktinath Trek
|Panchase & Annapurna Trek
|Nur & Phu Valley