Island peak /Imja Tse 6189m is the most popular trekking peak to climb in Everest region. It is located on top of the Chukung glacier between Ama Dablam and Lhotse Mountains, the most popular trekking destination because of its challenging geographical position. This mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 AD, by a climbing team of Eric Shipton, due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. Island peak was first ascended in 1953 by a British team as preparation for climbing Everest.
Island Peak climbing trip fulfills the dream of every amateur and serious climbers, who are seeking the thrill of adventure and wish to experience adventure climbing trips beyond normal trekking. The summit is interesting and attractive with a highly glaciated west face rising from the Lhotse Glacier. The peak is actually an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar.
Day 01:Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
Day 02:Rock climbing course at Kathmandu or Half day guided city tours of Kathmandu.
Day 03:Kathmandu- Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft) & trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft), 3-4 hrs
Day 04:Phakding- Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 05:Acclimatize day & Excursion
Day 06:Namche Bazaar - Tyangboche (3870m) 5-6 hours
Day 07:Tyangboche- Pheriche
Day 08:Pheriche- Lobuche (4,928m/16164 ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 09:Lobuche- Gorekshep (5,160m/16,929ft) - Everest Base Camp Excursion (5,320m/17,450ft), 5-7 hrs
Day 10:Gorak Shep - Kala Pattar - Pheriche: 7-8 hours
Day 11:Pheriche- Chhukung
Day 12:Island Peak Base Camp (5,200m/17,060ft), 3-4 hrs
Day 13:Island High Camp (5,600m/18,372ft), 2-3 hrs
Day 14:Island Peak summit (6,189m/20,305ft) & return back to Chhukung, 8-10 hours
Day 15:Chhukung to Tyangboche (3,867m/12684ft), 4-5 hrs
Day 16:Tyangboche- Namche (3,440m/11,283ft), 4-5 hrs
Day 17:Namche to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft), 6-7 hrs
Day 18:Lukla- Kathmandu
Day 19:Departure from Kathmandu
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
|Island Peak Climbing(19 Days)|
|Activities:Peak Climbing, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 6,189m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : March - May and Sept - Nov|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|
|You may also like this Peak climbing..|