Chulu east lies in the Annapurna himalayan range, which are quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6687 in a north-to-south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar Khola and Phu Khola. To the south it is bounded by the Marsyangdi Khola and the Mesokanta La. To the west its limit is the Kali Gandaki and to the north the Parchekya La (5,447m/17870ft). There exists considerable confusion with regard to the name and location of the Chulu peaks and what summit actually constitutes Chulu West and Chulu East, since it is soon becomes apparent to anyone that has climbed in the range that several other summits close by, which are actually part of the Chulu massif, are not indicated on present maps of the area. For the sake of clarification, four summits can be included in the Chulu group, two of which are possible on the permit for Chulu West and two on the Chulu East permit. What is apparent is that the available trekking map is highly misleading.
The highest of these peaks, marked Chulu West (6419m/21,054ft) on the trekking maps, has a recorded altitude from at least two expeditions of nearer 6400m (20,997ft); this might more accurately be called Chulu Central. The NMA gives this an official altitude of 6,429m (21,060ft). Many climbers are confused as to the exact location of these two peaks as the range has 4 or more summits in the immediate vicinity which are unmarked in maps of this area. As a result many climbing parties have mistakenly climbed one of these peaks thinking it to be Chulu East or West. It usually understood that with the permit to climb the East or West peak an attempt can be made to the nearby peak as well. A climb of one or both of these peaks combined with Nepal’s most famous Around the Annapurna trekking make up for one of the most spectacular Himalayan trekking and climbing outings.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 02: preparation day for peak climbing .
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Besi Sahar 5-6 hrs (790m) and connection bus to Chemje (1430m)
Day 04: Chamje to Dharapani (1860m)
Day 05: Dharapani to Chame (2670m)
Day 06: Chame to Pisang (3200m)
Day 07: Pisang to Ngawal village (3657m.)
Day 08: Rest in Ngawal for acclimatization.
Day 09: Ngawal to Chulu East Base Camp (3910m.)
Day 10: Extra day for climbing preparation!!
Day 11: Base Camp - Chulu east High Camp (4955m.)
Day 12: Summit the Chulu East Peak and return base camp
Day 13: Optional day if weather is bad!!
Day 14: Chulu East Base camp trek to Manang (3560m.)
Day 15: Manang trek to Letdar (4200m)
Day 16: Lether - Thorung phedi (4450m) or puss up High camp (4700m)
Day 17: Trek over the Thorung -La pass (5,416m) to Muktinath (3800m)
Day 18: Muktinath to Jomsom (2710m)
Day 19: Jomsom flight back to Pokhara (820m)
Day 20: Drive /Or Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1350m)
Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping or relax
Day 22: Departure to your home.
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
- Rope, Harness, Ice-axe, Carabineers, Crampons,
- F-8, Jummer, Helmet, Ice-Bar, and Ice-screw, Climbing permit,
- Two men tent, form mattress will be provided while you are with our camp.
- All kitchen equipments, climbing guide and staff their insurance.
|Chulu East Peak Climbing(22 Days)|
|Activities: Peak Climbing, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation :4,995m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : March - May and Sept - Nov|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|
|You may also like this Peak climbing..|