Mera Peak (6,461m/ 21,190 ft) is the highest trekking peak in Nepal which is an exciting trekking peak and scenically beautiful peak of the Khumbu valley. Mera peak is situated on the edge of famous Khumbu Region which is dominated by Mt. Everest. It is an adventure peak with technical difficulties but offers from it's summit stunning views of the world's 8000 meter mountains- Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu. It is the best for those who loves technical climbing and have previous climbing experience. You need to have an excellent physical fitness and an extrovert sense of adventure. Our Mera peak climbing itinerary has been carefully designed to allow gradual acclimatization for the climbers. The walking trip would be through the Hinku valley, with beautiful forests and incredible mountains along the way. It is the best option for adventure seekers, our itinerary is carefully designed.
As you finally reach the majestic Mera peak, officially the highest trekking peak in Nepal, you find yourself looking down towards many magnificent natural landscapes. You will have a direct view of the southern face of the Everest . Moreover, you will have many rare glances of watershed area, the wild and heavily wooded valleys Hinku and Hongu Drangkas. In this route to the Mera (Peak), you can experience the very rare chances of venturing through little visited and un-spoilt regions of Nepal where the hillsides still remain densely forested for everyone’s pleasure.
As you set to trek towards Mera Peak, you get great pleasure by reaching heights above 21,000 feet and looking down on the whole earth. You will be marching through the Hongu and the Hinku valleys which have remained uninhabited, although there are Kharkas, places for cattle grazing in the Upper Hinku basin where Sherpa from the South, near Pangkongma, are occasionally seen grazing their cattle during the grass- growing monsoon season. As you pass through the upper Hongu basin, you will march through a mountainous wilderness. You will also venture through some beautiful forests, massive moraines, glacial lakes and spectacular peaks that include Charmlang and Baruntse.
Day 01: Arrival day
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trip preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Paiya (Chutok) [2730m/8954ft]:3-4 hrs
Day 04: Paiya to Pangkoma [2850m/93,48ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 05: Pangkoma to Nigmsa (Shibuche)[2745m/90,003ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 06: Nigmsa (Shibuche) to Chetrakhola [3150m/10332ft]: 7-8 hrs
Day 07: Chetrakhola to Kothe [3600m/11808ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 08: Kothe to Tangnang [4,350m/14,270ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 09: Acclimatization Day: Hiking to Charpate Himal Glacier
Day 10: Tangnang to Khare [5,045m/16,486ft]: 2-3 hrs
Day 11: Khare to Mera Base Camp [5300m/17,384ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 12: Mera Base Camp to High camp [5,780m/18,958ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 13: Mera High Camp to Summit[6,461m/21,1907ft] and back to Khare [5045m/16,547ft]: 8-9 hrs
Day 14: Reserve day for Contingency
Day 15: Khare to Kothe [3600m/11808ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 16: Kothe to Thuli Kharka: 5-6 hrs
Day 17: Thuli Kharka to Lukla: 6-7 hrs
Day 18: Flight to Kathmandu
Day 19: Departure day
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
|Mera Peak Climbing (19 Days)|
|Max Elevation : 6,461m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : March - May and Sept - Nov|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|
|You may also like this Peak climbing..|